|Silver Cross Coach Built Pram|
- Only for the first few months, they are beautiful and expensive. They feature a bassinet for the baby. Some can convert to a regular stroller with a detachable toddler seat.
- Area: suburban or rural - made for use on an estate. Most terrain
- Brands: Inglesina Classica, Silver Cross
- Why not have it all? Luxury systems look nice, are easy to push, made of superior materials, and often feature a bassinet as well as a seat. Many can also be used for light jogging. Many have second seats available if you plan on having more children.
- Area: urban, suburban, rural. Most terrain. May not work well in dense urban areas.
- Brands: UppaBaby Vista, Britax B-Ready, Quinny Moodd, Stokke Xplory, JJ Cole Broadway
|Mountain Buggy Terrain|
- For the parents who want to include baby in their adventure. These are either all terrain, joggers, or both. Activity strollers are for the active parent: jogging strollers for runners and terrain strollers for hikers. If you are an avid runner, don’t get a terrain stroller. Terrain strollers are built for all terrain, not running. Jogging strollers have special features to keep baby safe and comfortable during runs.
- Area: suburban, rural.
- Brands: Mountain Buggy Terrain, BOB Revolution SE, BOB Ironman, Schwinn Turismo Swivel, Baby Jogger F.I.T., Joovy Zoom 360
- The stroller that you most likely rode in. These are mid-priced strollers that are bulky, but have loads of features like huge baskets and cup holders. Great for every use. Older models often have garish (cartoonish) fabrics. They recently started to make standard strollers that are aesthetically pleasing to parents.
- Area: suburban
Brands: UppaBaby Cruz, Britax B-Agile, Baby Jogger City Mini
|Mutsy EasyRider - My Review Here|
- A cross between the standard and lightweight, the lightweight plus is lighter than a traditional stroller, but still has many of the same features. They often have flat reclines and can be used from birth. These are great for traveling and great car strollers, because they are small and baby can sleep in them.
-Area: urban, suburban
-Brands: Baby Planet Endangered Species, Bumbleride Flite, Bumbleride Flyer, Mutsy EasyRider, Inglesina Trip, Cosatto Swift Lite, UppaBaby G-Luxe
- These strollers weigh less than 15lb and are for 6m+. Parents usually buy one for trips or when they get tired of lugging a huge stroller around. These have no or little recline, and often have umbrella shaped handles.
- Area: urban, suburban
- Brands: UppaBaby G-Lite, First Years Jet, Chicco Capri
Car Seat Frame Stroller
- For running errands, a frame stroller lets you pop baby's car seat on and off the stroller with ease. These do not have a seat, the car seat takes the place of the seat. A frame stroller should NOT be used in place of a regular stroller. It is dangerous to baby's health if they spend too much time in a car seat. Many luxury strollers offer a snap in car seat frame to be used in place of the seat. Many standard strollers let you pop the car seat on top of the seat.
- Area: urban, suburban
- Brands: Graco, Chicco, Baby Trend