|Lamaze Freddie the Firefly|
Here is my list of the best toys for 0-6mo:
- Links and Link-able Toys: links can hold other toys, act as teethers, and are rattles. Bright Starts Lots of Links, Freddie the Firefly, Jacques the Peacock, and My Friend Emily, are just a few that I really love.
- Car Seat Toys: meant to keep baby occupied while you can't reach them. For safety reasons, car seat toys should be soft and attach well to the seat. Sassy Go Go Bugs
- Activity Gym: a colorful mat with arches over it, dangling, often detachable, toys enticingly over baby. Double as tummy time mats. Fisher Price Rainforest, Tiny Love Move and Play, Lamaze Motion Gym
- Crib, wall, or ceiling mounted. Some have wind ups, some have buttons and remote controls, and some simply sway in the breeze.
- Mobiles are great to hang over cribs to soothe baby to sleep, or for playtime
- Stimulating mobiles can save your diaper changes when hung over changing table
- Many nursery sets come with matching mobiles. These are usually wind ups, and many are not visually stimulating for baby
- Mobiles should be taken down once baby can sit up
- Fisher Price Precious Planet, Wimmer-Ferguson Infant Stim, Goki Dragons, Flensted Sheep.
- Soft Rattles: Many rattles are made of hard plastic, which makes no sense for the 0-6mo range. Save hard rattles for when baby is less likely to hit themselves in the eye with it. Lamaze Flip-Flop, Lamaze Panda.
- Mirror: Babies love to look in mirrors, just get one that can't break. Sassy Crib and Floor Mirror.